Monday, March 29, 2021

My $5 Dollar Tree Strawberry Tower

 I've never had much luck growing strawberries, but am envious of those luscious looking strawberry towers. So I thought I would attempt a low cost version to try again.

 I just bought 5 of the DT baskets that stack.. I lined it with weed block fabric I had on hand, added strawberry plants on each end at the corners, 

Next, I filled with potting soil and stacked alternating colors, being careful not to crush the plants below.

At first, I started poking some through the holes on the sides, even cutting bigger holes (like the tall laundry basket Pinterest idea), but figured it was causing root damage and would be overcrowded anyway. 

Once I stacked them, I moved the tower to my greenhouse to protect from the wind and playful kittens.


Note: I did not poke drainage holes in the bottoms since extra water would drain out the sides. 🤷‍♀️

With the small space, I plan on watering daily and feeding frequently. 

I hope you enjoy this small, simple project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome. Please ensure that I have a way to contact you, if you are a "no-reply" blogger. If you're not sure, please check the right sidebar.