Thursday, September 9, 2010

Quilt Block Bible Study: The meaning (Part 1)

Sorry if the pictures are not very clear. These are taken with the quilt top draped across my couch. I should have ironed it first. ;D Please also remember this was my very FIRST quilting attempt and not all the edges are straight or the points exact. But I loved the classes and the learning experience. I will try to update the link with the designer's name and the scripture references when I get a chance. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy.



"The Garden of Eden" - this block represents the beginning/creation of the world. The blue stripes in the center represent the 4 rivers that met in the Garden of Eden.


"The Ten Commandments" - this block shows 4 squares of strips representing 2 sets of stone tablets. Each tablet has 5 stripes (times 2 tablets), one for each of the 10 commandments given to Moses. There are two sets of tablets because Moses broke the first set in anger. God had him make another set.


"Storms of Life" - this block represents the storms that come in our lives. Due to the sin in the world we are driven deeper and deeper into despair. But God had a plan to save us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome. Please ensure that I have a way to contact you, if you are a "no-reply" blogger. If you're not sure, please check the right sidebar.